Catering Sales & Community Ambassador
Text "Aussie" to 25000 to apply!
This position is an extension of the Marketing Team and will be located in a given trade area and work for one specific location, directing marketing/public relations, and catering sales as a growth platform. As a representative for Aussie Grill by Outback, the Catering & Community Ambassador will be responsible for leading the catering sales efforts for the assigned location, connecting in the community to build brand loyalty, and manage and retain customer relationships for the specific location. This position will target and coordinate catering and sales opportunities, for Aussie Grill, while working to build brand awareness in the community. The job involves initiation of, development of, and ongoing management of quality leads to ensure growth of catering and overall sales.
The primary responsibility of a Catering & Community Ambassador is to develop existing business and solicit new business through lead generation and marketing support. The Catering & Community Ambassador is also responsible for generating revenue, establishing new leads, monitoring booking space (food truck), booking repeat business while keeping quality consistently high, conducting internal and external presentations, and sales calls.
- Solicit new catering customers through traditional and non-traditional sales techniques
- Book, sell, plan, and coordinate events
- Partner with and manage coordination of 3rd party aggregators
- Plan and execute marketing support for catering sales
- Motivate restaurant teams to keep catering and sales growth top of mind
- Develop comprehensive communications and monthly marketing plan in partnership with Operations and General Manager; Serve as a resource for information, assess and share best practices to continually enhance programs and efforts
- Plan and manage the restaurant’s marketing budget
- Establish revenue goals and provide consistent reporting to Leadership
- Proactively develop relationships with external audiences (community and opinion leaders, media, third-party constituencies, influencers, etc.) and build relationships within the community
- Consistently identify needs in the marketplace and share findings with Leadership
- Manage and maintain customer communications, reviews, and feedback
- Effectively plan community visits and schedule (local) travel
- Write and distribute communications materials
- Executing the marketing plan while following company guidelines and monitoring effectiveness
- Distributing promotional materials and coupons at community events, distributing food and catering menus to local businesses, setting up cross-promotions and school programs, and tracking redemptions
- Set up and execute in-store sampling
Required / Requested Skills
- Disciplined in planning, organizing, and managing time; strong time-management skills
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial spirit who is enthusiastic, energetic, and personable with a teamwork-oriented mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work with and influence others
- Well-developed or easily developed skillset around sales and cold calling
- Demonstrated ability to think and solve critical issues creatively to help increase ROI of the business
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Office 365, MS Teams, and other technology platforms
- Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5+ years relevant experience in hospitality, sales, catering
- Customer service oriented mindset
- Available for a flexible work schedule; specific hours vary depending on the task to be accomplished, including weekends.
- Use of a personal vehicle is required for community-related work